Having a blog is pretty exciting, the feeling that your contents and posts helps someone or makes a person feel better is satisfying. Now, having a blog is one thing, but starting it from the scratch is another thing.
As we all know the beginning of a success story is never easy, but with consistency and dedication it gets better. Laying the foundation to a blog can be challenging (not going to lie), but just do it! Don’t think about it, just write. Now it’s easy to write, isn’t it? But how will you get your thoughts across to potential readers around the world?
You’re curious! I know, I was too when I started my blogging journey, but not to worry, here are some steps to help you achieve your blogging goals,
- Get and Choose a Domain Name, Now what is a domain? A domain is your internet identity, a unique IP address where people can find your work at. You can get this unique domain on different popular platforms like WordPress.com, blogger.com etc and also there is the free and paid domains, but for a beginner I will suggest a free domain plan, as your blog progresses then you can switch to a paid plan.
- Customise Your Site, Choose a theme from the million of themes available on blogging platform to portrait and describe your brand. It is important to have a logo that is captivating and decent but also tells your reader a little about you and your work.
- Create Your Brand, Now this is when you think long and hard on what you want to write, what do you want your readers to identify your blog with? Is it lifestyle, DIYs, fashion, hair etc now this is up to you to decide but your blog must have a unique identity, so as to be able to connect with your audience on a deeper level.
- Write Consistently, the main reason why your blog is created, Writing! You must make sure to post contents regularly, 2-3times a week should be great. I wouldn’t advice a daily upload due to the fact that it’s so easy to run out of ideas by so doing, but it’s important to be consistent and loyal to your blog to increase your traffic and keep your readers interested in your contents.
- Be Original, Originality is key in the blogging world, nobody wants to take out their time to read what another blogger has already written, the pride of being a blogger is having your voice heard and your ideas shared in your own unique words.
- Utilize Your Social Media, Your Instagram, Facebook and others are useful tools in advertising your blog, don’t underestimate the power of social media.
- Constantly Remind Your Friends and Family, What bigger support can you get from anyone than your close friends and beloved family, when I started my blog, my family and friends were my first readers. So always remind your loved ones when you have new posts on your blog.
With this tips, I hope I have been able to help you start your blogging experience, have an enjoyable blogging journey. Happy Blogging!
Wanna see more of me? Keep up with me on,
Wanna write a guest post on my blog? Ofcourse! Contact me at email@example.com
Collaborations are welcomed!