Guess who is going on vacation? Yeah you’re right! It’s me! I am so excited to inform you guys that I will be traveling this summer to see my family. It’s so nice to be changing locations after such a long time. I’m excited! (Hi Nigeria, what’s good?).
As I earnestly write this post, trust that I haven’t packed yet (last minute everything) haha, I really hate packing but it has to be done! Well, I think I will get to it in an hour. Also, I need to sleep early today, as my flight is in the morning and I wouldn’t want to miss my flight because I overslept. So I got to hustle and sleep quickly.
As I’m going on vacation, my blog won’t be vacaying with me, don’t you worry! I will still be active on here, spilling all the vacay gists and I have also scheduled some contents already, incase I run out of internet haha ( you can never be so safe).
Ok I really need to go pack, this procrastination is beginning to annoy me (not really😂) but before I go, I’ll quickly like to share with you guys how I save money at the airport, as the airport is filled with so many “buy me! Eat me! Pay me!” Places, it’s ridiculous.
- I WEIGH MY BAGS AT HOME, Even though the airlines I will be taking allows me 46kg of baggage (23kg each, if there are 2bags), I am still going to take it upon myself to weigh my bags before I set off in the morning, to avoid paying any unnoticed (by me) extra luggage fee at the airport.
- I BUY GIFTS WEEKS BEFORE MY TRIP, The airport is filled with so many duty free zone, waiting to collect all your money, a nice bottle of perfume cost twice as much in duty free than in a regular shop in town. So what do I do? I go shopping in town, pack up all my gifts nicely and never visit duty free! Because just visiting with no intentions of buying won’t save me, as I tend to buy anything that catches my eyes.
- I USE THE AIRPORT FREE WIFI, why spend money on buying internet wifi connections during airport transit, when I can just utilize the free wifi provided?! No money spent. I’m happy.
- I STAY BUSY, Instead of sitting aimlessly waiting for time to pass by till my next flight, I tend to walk around, read a book, stay on my phone. So I don’t get bored and wander off into the “Buy me” zone.
- I EAT AT AFFORDABLE FOOD ZONE, I tend to try to avoid eating at all by bringing along a biscuit or something, but If I can’t! And the transit is way too long I’ll just grab a bite at the cheap food court like pop eyes, KFC, Mcdonalds, you know! Fast food, just to keep my stomach from groaning.
- I GET MY RELATIVES TO PICK ME UP AT THE AIRPORT, haha, I always do this when i go home, I mean! Who else has the sole right to pick me up except my people. Non-family members and taxis.. Back off! You ain’t cheap!😂
And this concludes how I try to avoid wasting money at airport transits.
Anyways, by the time this blog post goes live, I’ll probably already be at home hiding from everyone and eating everything! Haha. Just kidding! Though the food part is true, I’ll probably only be hiding from the hot sun and the tropical temperatures.
Wish me luck guys! To all my pals at home! Hola at me😉 and to my boyfriend and others in Ukraine I love you! I’ll be back.
Keep up with me on my social media, it will be great to have you there🙂,
Follow me on,